Well, the first part is done, I should say…the part that took a year and a half to complete, from May 5, 2015 to October 16, 2016. Now, I get to take those collected statistics from every June game and combine them with the April and May statistics for all 26 teams, to get a new season total through June 30, 1978. Then punch them all into the site.
One small change I’ve decided to make is to the player and pitcher names, which were automatically colored blue when I made them links, and which connect to their career stats at Baseball-Reference.com. What irks me is when these names are clicked, they turn to black…and stay black, creating a hodgepodge of blue and black names throughout the team pages. So what I’ve done, and will do to previous team pages as well, is to physically change the links’ font color to a lighter shade of blue, which is the color they’ll remain no matter how many times they’re clicked. Continue reading