September 9, 2013
• A two-run HR by Darrell Evans in the fifth inning erased a 1-0 deficit and helped the Giants to a 4-1 win over the Cardinals at Candlestick Park, in the final NL game for July 26th. Ed Halicki and Randy Moffitt combined to hold the Cards to one run on nine hits, with Halicki earning his 10th win and Moffitt his 13th save. Lou Brock knocked in the only St Louis run when he doubled home Garry Templeton in the first, after Templeton had opened the game with a triple.
• Only 14 scoresheets remain to be checked before April statistics are completed, after which work on compiling up-to-date season stats for the site will begin.
• A new page was added to the Mailbag: check out the entry for January 10, 1997 under the ‘Faxes’ heading.
• The AL slate of games for July 26th will begin this Friday night, as the Tigers host the Orioles at Tiger Stadium in Detroit. Listen to Ernie Harwell and Paul Carey call all the action on WJR 760.
• A heartfelt thank you to everyone for their kind words and support during my cat Mango’s sickness and passing this past week. It was all very much appreciated.